Recipe: Rick Clark’s Macaroni and Cheese
1 Stick of Butter
1/2 C. Flour
1/2 Gal. Whole Milk
1 TBSP of Granulated Garlic
1 Tsp. Paprika
3/4 C. Chicken broth (for thinning cream cheese sauce if too thick)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Brick of Tillamook Cheese (mild or sharp cheddar)
2 lb. box of dry Macaroni
Optional: in the Macaroni dish-Jalapeno, or poblano chilis is what I use. Be careful all peppers are different for spice desired.
2 C. of panko bread crumbs
3/4 stick of melted butter
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
Optional: If using peppers you can use flaming hot cheetos as a crunchy hot topping.
- While water is boiling for macaroni. In a large sauce pan melt butter and add flour slowly to create roux.
- Add milk slowly and stir until it boils and becomes thick. I thin it down with chicken broth as needed.
- Add seasonings and combine.
- Slowly add the cheddar cheese and melt completely.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, make sure it is aldente ( it will continue to cook while it is baking)
- After you drain the macaroni, Combine Macaroni and Cheese mixture and add to 2- 13. 9 inch baking pans.
1/ Pour Panko breadcrumbs in a zipper lock plastic bag.
2 Melt the butter
3. Add the melted butter to the crumbs and work evenly in the bag.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and mix with crumbs.
5. Spread the crumbs evenly over the macaroni dish
6. Cover with foil until the last 20 minutes to keep from getting brown too soon.